Saturday, March 11, 2006


Could this be the next Kipper? I really like what Nonis did at the deadline, the D is shored up, and with the return (hopefully) of the top three D; we're about as deep in that dept. as any club in the league. Brown brings some toughness which'll be welcome as it seems Brookbank was rushed back, still looks dizzy out there. Hopefully the veteran leadership of Carney and Mr. yellow visor will help the room a bit, as I have a hunch it needs it. Shall be interesting to see what the next few games bring. In not trading Bert, I think management was giving er one last go with the core, and attempting to keep Naslund happy and content. That or the offers either weren't there, or not a fair swap for the 'asset.' Hoping this club will finish strong and head deep, however I've been let down before................

2 comments:

Dr. Fatty said...

It's about time you put up a post regarding these moves.

Now, I bet nobody offered up anything substantial for Bertuzzi. Unfortunately, and I say this being a Bertuzzi fan (to some extent) because he played for the Isles, I don't think he's lived up to his hype ever will.

The other deals could possibly be the best Canuck deals in quite a few years. However, all three acquisitions (Carney, Brown, Weinrich) are a bit past any prime they might have had. Having said that, I think they're all great defencemen. If their price is better I'd be getting rid of Jovanovski in the off season for sure. This still leaves them with too many defenceman once everyone is healthy. I think a good six for them would be Ohlund, Allen, Carney, Weinrich, Brown and maybe get Salo back?

As for the goalie. At least we didn't have to give much up for him. He'll be a good backup, but he really shouldn't ever expect to start in Vancouver. I think Auld has that locked up now. They should have thought about going after a good old guy like Joseph or even Burke. Someone that won't expect to start or even be around after the end of the season.

In any case, they are looking strong (on paper) heading in to the stretch run.

I can't wait to get back to cheer on my favourite team. Long live the Canucks!!!

Lex said...

I like the moves as well.
Does mean the GM is no longer No-nuts?