Thursday, March 04, 2010

Tiger Woods' caddie Steve Williams claims he would have "blown the whistle" if he had known of the world number one's affairs.

Speaking in an interview that aired on 60 Minutes in his native New Zealand, Williams insisted he would not have remained silent if he had any knowledge of what was happening off the course.

"In some people's perception, I'm involved in it and I've committed a crime or I've done wrong," Williams said. "The truth is I knew nothing.

"If the shoe was on somebody else's foot I would say the same thing, that it would be difficult not to know, but I'm telling you 100 per cent that I knew nothing.

"It's been the most difficult time of my life ... because every single person believed that I should know or did know or had something to do with it.

"I'm a straight-up sort of person. No-one that has ever watched him on a golf course would suspect anything would be going on. I'm under siege, it's been a difficult time.

"If I had known something was going on, the whistle would have been blown."

Williams added that while he is angry with the 14-time major winner he will not be "beating him with a stick" as a result of his behaviour and has no intention of severing their association.

"Of course I'm mad at him, why would you not be?" Williams said. "I'm close with his wife and he's got two lovely children and he's let them down.

"But when a guy's having a tough time, it's not up to me to beat him with a stick. He's getting enough grilling from everybody else. When you're a true friend ... that's when somebody needs your support ... that's when you don't walk away.

"Tiger's one of my closest friends and he needs my support right now and I'd never think of walking away. When I talk to him, I don't talk to him about what's happened. I talk to him about the future and about what we're going to try to accomplish and how we're going to get over it."



Well, further proof that Tiger's caddy is a douche and covering his ass hoping for another gig. Ten to One that tiger comes back with Fluff to carry the bag. Hopefully he pries his back from Furyk, and goes back to a professional he never should have dropped. Sure Fluff did alright, but the Kiwi got way to rich while acting like the biggest ass on tour.

No comments: