Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Well, this'll be a short post. Pirates of the Carribean II was well - OK. I think I'm being generous actually here, this film just didn't do it for me. There'll be no Oscar nomination this time round for dear old Mr. Depp. Bill Nighy and his CGI character Davy Jones did rock, and I do have very lustful thoughts about the willowy Ms. Knightley; but it just ain't enough to save this dribble. On a related note, apart from Ronin, I cannot think of a film Jonathan Pryce has ever been in that I've enjoyed. he pissed me off so many years back with all those snotty Lexus ads, that I think there may be no forgiving him.

2 comments:

Dr. Fatty said...

I have to say I was quite looking forward to this one and was not to impressed with it. The first was awesome and i think the last will be quite good.

Depp, as absolutely always is gold. The girl is great. Big fan of hers, no doubt. If I ever see her out I'll hit on her or let her hit on me. I wouldn't shoo her away.

hold steady said...

I really tried to keep an open mind and remember that this stuff is catered for entertaining the whole family. Plus it's a sequel to a movie based on a carnival ride.

But seriously, I'd like to think even if I were eleven I'd say "screw this shit" and sneak over to theatre 2 for Talledega.