Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Injuries Galore:





The Canucks are officially down by three. Luo is obviously the most worrying - but it's sad to see Morrison's iron man streak end. Could be a very scary week ahead with so many games in so few days. In other news:

No Country for Old Men

Still reeling about this film. It moved me in so many ways. I was stunned, horrified and awed throughout most of it. The ending however was rather brave. The comments I heard after the final words were spoken did not bode well for the Coen brothers, but this is Kamloops after all. I noticed much fidgeting in the theater and an unusual amount of people getting up for refills etc. That all said, highly recommend it and am looking forward to watching it again to catch the odds and ends I surely missed last night. Great filmaking, but I suspect it won't do well come award time.

3 comments:

Dr. Fatty said...

This is about to get tough for the Canucks. I don't think Sanford will be able to handle it.

Why is this Schneider character not getting a chance to get some NHL games? He's supposed to be some kind of phenom goalie.

Lex said...

Better now then later I guess... not sure losing Morrison is a big deal. Read somewhere theat the NHL Ironman just means "doesn't go in corners".

Dr. Fatty said...

That's a good one about the iron man thing; but I don't believe it.

Anyways, fuck all the Canucks action. Alex Auld is 3-0 since joining the Bruins. I'm thinking an Auld Bruins jersey may be in order. He is the greatest.