Saturday, October 08, 2005


Hiya Kids - want to touch on one of Ron's recent posts here. Forget Liz Phair, even her interviews suck now, and the new album sounds truly awful. Getting lots of play on Sirius, and I find myself changing channels often to avoid listening to Liz sounding like Avril. For a gal fix - check out Fiona Apple's latest. Really good stuff, one of my fav albums of the year (before some of you say it - I ain't heard tons!) Anyway, I reccommend it, and may even rank it higher than both of the Kathleen Edwards albums I treasure so.

"Lyrically, Apple has never been as clever, as angered or as anguished." Rolling Stone

5 comments:

Lex said...

I agree, its good. But the bootlegged earlier version on the 'net is even better. More experimental... poke around and you'll find it.

Maybe I'll try and post it on our Boyz music site.

joz said...

there is an absolutely horrible commercial playing in support of that album. I would be embarrased as an artist to have my work associated with it.

Lex said...

Now, now Jon.

Lets keep in mind Moby and Play.

Dr. Fatty said...

I've given her a chance. I don't get the hype. But, I haven't heard any of the unrealeased album. The producer of the released album kind of glossed it up, from the little I've heard. I don't understand gloss, I don't want gloss, I don't know anything about gloss. All I know is that gloss has killed the Liz Phair I love, and it sounds like Fionna's falling too.

joz said...

I have no problem with an artist selling their work for commercial use like Moby did. the Fiona Apple comercial is for her own album, short shots of people sitting on couches in well lit lofts gushing over how the album saved their lives. It comes across like a PSA for retards.