Monday, May 21, 2007

Well I thought I'd pass on this wee story of varying customer service approaches at Bell Canada. My oh so shitty Motorola Razor thingy is fucked again. This brings to four the amount of times I've lost the use of both screens; rendering the phone useless. Mr. Brown thinks I'm to hard on em - I think I should get a phone-purse-carrier thingy: but I just can't. Regardless I took the phone up to the bell kiosk yesterday morning. Thought I'd be in luck as it was staffed by the same girl who had helped me previously. We exchanged pleasantries and after hearing my plight she proceeded to remove the battery cover and simply say 'Water Damage.' The gin smell and red eyes hat she sported had me thinking this wasn't going to go well. The 'water damage fib' surprised me because I never take the phone in the BR and I've never used it in the rain either. I told her this and also let her in on the story of the phone I washed while visiting the lads in Van. Thought a laugh might break the ice. Nope. At this point I'm cool and accepting - if this is the case; so be it. So I'm kinda stunned but none the less looking an new replacement phones. I ask her if as a good Bell customer I might get some sort of sale price if I buy a new one. No she says - it'll be full price. So now I'm looking at a 300-400 dollar replacement and none to thrilled at that thought. She now proceeds to tell me that she might give me a deal if a temp phone I had borrowed earlier hadn't been returned with the same water damage as this; my current unit. Now I know she's being a cow. I only had the thing for a week and the temp phone was never wet - so I must have got it with said bullshit 'damage.' Strangely enough I hold my tongue and thank her - telling her I'll have to think about it. Make my way downtown to the Bell store and what do you know? The very helpful and pleasant young fella examines the same battery area (the one the little club going bitch told me was 'water damaged') and finds nothing out of the ordinary. Instead he apologies profusely and even goes so far as to take my email so he can forward all correspondence he's planning on having with his Bell Canada supervisor and Motorola directly to me. All this takes about 10 min. and he even goes so far as to transfer all the data from my old piece of shit onto this loaner phone as he suspects his bosses will either replace the unit entirely or swap me off to a sturdier more 'Dunc-friendly' kinda phone. Nice kid that Curtis - I will be calling his boss with a good word about him. As for the bitch up the hill - fuck her. Life's too short and I'm getting mellow in my old age.

5 comments:

Dr. Fatty said...

I've had my Razor for over a year and had no problems.

Random Thoughts said...

DRo -- it's a delicate piece of sophisticated technology -- you've really got to baby the thing -- you can't be dropping it in toilets etc. Also, the young lady might have thought that given your history of phone usage/misusage that you needed to be taught a lesson. Get a purse like Therzo has - or get something a little sturdier like an LG or Samsung. Those Razrs are way over rated.

Duncan said...

get a purse for it? uh no - I won't do it. I hold out faith that some sturdier my way will come...

Lex said...

This may be what you're looking for.

http://www.fireflymobile.com/

Dink Mitten said...

fireflymoble has a superman phone. that's probally what you should get