Sunday, August 19, 2007

Liked this one (especially the ending, wiht it's wonderful razzing of all Cop-Movie cliches. Needed an editing to knock it back at least 20 min.
Wow - not much else to say. I need to see more Almodovar films. This is as good as anything I've seen in a while. I found the story quirky yet poignant, though somewhat predictable. His shots are daring and unusual, and the colors and sounds he incorporates really grabbed me. Found myself wishing I'd seen this on the big screen. Loved it!
Peter O'Toole at his absolute best. Not quite a Pedophile - certainly an old perv, but non the less a completely likable old codger. Great pacing to this film - with humor leading the viewer on the journey. The first scene grabs you by hand and takes you for a look into a life you (kinda) hope you'll never live. Had Wittaker not won for 'Last King of Scotland' the Oscar would most certainly have gone to old Lawrence here. Great jokes (O'Tooles physical comedy at one point is Kramer like!) and sad realities make this film a must see.

Also this weekend - Jon and Cat hosted a lovely wee BD party for the eldest of their two beauties and Jaime and I went to the track and bet on ponies! A swell weekend to say the least. Over and Out.

1 comment:

Dr. Fatty said...

My favourite Alomodovar film is Live Flesh. Check it out.