Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A little word about my patio. It's holding an upcoming party (the big one Ron dreams of) and will be home to BO '08 later this month.

Hiram brought me this today. Look at the placement - right on the threshold. He's saying "Thanks for feeding me dad - here's a treat for you. Love ya!" What a man! Love the little guy; he made this kill with a bell on to boot! What a swell wee hunter.



This is the little monster. He's now an inside/outside cat, and is a way cooler critter as a result.




On another note; I'm looking after a friends house/canine til Fri. It went to 38 degrees today, so I went to rescue the mutt. His dog met Bailey once through a fence and was awfully snarly. Brought her to my place, and was amazed to watch the difference. My (almost 13 yr old) hound knows this is her home, and made the heavier, younger dog bow to her will.

This too happened on the deck - it's like Dunc's wild kingdom out there!

5 comments:

joz said...

to think that Hiram almost lost his lease last month...

Duncan said...

LOL - he did, but now that he's allowed to prowl the yard like it's his own Savana - he's gone from 'pain in the ass-noisy Siamese kitty' to Hiram, prowling killer lion of Westsyde. It's truly amazing how giving him some freedom makes him a much calmer/quieter cat.

Dr. Fatty said...

I think his calming has more to do with access to food than anything else. Didn't you used to not leave food out for him and only feed him several times a day?

For the most part indoor cats, of any breed, are very calm.

Duncan said...

You have no idea how this cat can eat - he's mad about food. He already gets more than the recommended daily amount. I have toyed with the idea of giving him as much as he wants, but I fear it would be like the fat guy Monty Python scene in the restaurant - wafer thin sir.

Erin said...

I bet he would. I've seen him eat until he puked, and then start eating again.