Tuesday, January 13, 2009



Here's hoping Mats plays with this kinda grit tonight, and ahem - stays the hell out of the penalty box. While sitting in the box in two out of three games he's played since coming to my beloved Nucks, the opposition has scored game winning goals. That's not a trend I hope to see continue. Apparently the Nuckleheads were bag skated yesterday, publicly called out by the coaches, and coming into tonights game with (surprise surprise) revamped lines. Taylor Pylon will skate with Sundin and Raymond. Raymond, by the way, can apparently skate like a billion miles in any given game without actually coming anywhere near the oppositions net. Demitra has apparently found AV's doghouse in a big way. He practiced on the fourth line yesterday. This move bewilders me. Demitra seems to be responsible defensively, and isn't getting much of a chance to gel with linemates given AV's love of juggling. Regardless of all this drivel, the good news is that God is due back tonight or Thurs. So there is something to be thankful for after all.

2 comments:

Dr. Fatty said...

I agree Demitra shouldn't be demoted and that AV should maybe stick with a line for more than two shifts.

As for Sundin, I think the second game-losing penalty called against him was BS. If anything it should have been the Sharks player that got a roughing penalty. I think some of the refs have something against him because they're swayed by the (idiot)public opinion against Sundin.

Lex said...

I like what I've seen from Mats. He's got more hockey sense than the 3rd and 4th lines combined.

I don't understand the animosity against Sundin, people didn't give Selanne grief and he did basically the same thing.

Then again, I'd like to get a Sundin Canucks jersey just to stick it to T-dot.