Tuesday, April 11, 2006


Alrighty, I'm taking a bit more interest in what I'm listening to these days. I'm not sure if it's a maturation, or just the cutie who works at my fav record store. Regardless, though I'd share a few of these 'new to me' albums that are turning my crank at the moment:

Emiliana Torrini: Fisherman's Woman and Love in the Time of science. (Can't say enough about this woman)
Sarah Harmer: Songs for Clem and I'm a Mountain. (Kathleen Edwards would kick her ass in a fight.)
Pinks Mountaintops: Self Titled and Axis of Evol (the latter being the better of the two.
The Boss: the ghost of tom joad (Even saw this in a crossword clue the other day!
Stars: Set Yourself on Fire. (This album fucking rocks, I love it.)
Bell and Sebastian: The Life Pursuit. (Scottish, nothing more needs said. By the way, JFu hate's em)

Love this line:

"I always loved you, you always had a lot of style. I'd hate to see you on the pile of nearly made-it's, you got the essence dear, if I could have a second skin, I'd probably dress up as you"

Alrighty, there ya go - let the jokes begin lads...

3 comments:

Lex said...

B&S is where its at. The new album is solid. Plus the girls in the album photos are hot.

Dr. Fatty said...

The new B&S is their best to date. No doubt. Solid all the way through.

I'm not a big Black Mountain fan (their okay, but not great) but I'll have to give Pink Mountaintops a try.

Dr. Fatty said...

Also, why does it take some skanky teenage ho to get you to listen to good music when the likes of Forkhead and I have been telling you of such acts for years?