Wednesday, April 05, 2006







Here's how I see it, by Sat the lads could be in dire straights; surely they'll be nervous having sat for days on end watching Gary Bettman's new NHL battle it out. Really not sure how to predict anything at this early point, but I feel those two San Jose games are gonna be nuts; everything'll be on the line. Must admit though, this new schedule is questionable, and not just as a Nucks fan. I want to play every team in the leage, and as a fan and PPV buyer, I'm truly fucking fed up of MIN, CAL, COL, STL etc. Would have been swell to see some of those curiously placed superstars from the East. Oh yeah, the East may claim a cup now and then, but the division blows with a chasm between the elite and 10th place; that's why they always draft so well out there...........

2 comments:

Lex said...

The NHL schedule is ridiculous. People want to see Crosby and Ovechkin. How often do they get out West?

In my opinion, every team should visit every arena at least once in a season.

Also, the top 16 teams, regardless of conference, should get in.

Dr. Fatty said...

While I definitely like the idea of playing the same team two or three times within 10 days, I have to say I agree with Forkhead that all teams should visit all opposing cities at least once during the season. It's absolutely ridiculous that Canuck fans couldn't see Lemieux one last time or see the hot rookies like Ovechkin and Crosby.

In any case, the latest rumours I've heard if the Canucks miss the playoffs (which is seeming more likely by the minute) is that two of Naslund, Bertuzzi and Morrison will be gone while Crawford will likely stay.

Though I've become a Morrison fan in the last year I have to say it would be best if Crawford and Bertuzzi for sure, and maybe Morrison, are all shipped off in the offseason.

This team needs goal scorers other than Naslund, Carter and the Sedins.