Monday, April 10, 2006

Well, thought I was going to have a stroke watching the Canucks tonight. Having missed most of the Calgary game on Sat due to a little to much happiness in Penticton, I was wound up to watch tonights game. Cooked up a free range turkey with all the fixins, which was carved and served minutes before the puck dropped. Then all hell breaks loose: poor coverage and break-outs, fucking brutal goaltending and one hell of a hot opposing goaltender and the Canucks have essentially shit the bed again. And you know what really gets my goat? I want to see a little emotion, some fury, some agressive plays. Saw Nazzy slam the bench door, but that was about it...no scrums, scraps, nothing. Just Ruttu being moronic, Auld taking a bad penalty, a twin hitting the post, and us throwing a zillion pucks at Giguere. All for not, I'm so damned frustrated with this club; why is it I'm so fanatic? Oh well, looks like I won't have to miss any tee times this spring because of pressing Canuck playoff games. Who the hell knows though, the way this fucking league is being played, maybe the final three games are four point games??? Regardless, they'd have to win one. And on another point, I'll drive Morrison to the airport with his 18 kids this summer if he needs a ride. Long life Burkie, and I fart in your general direction Puffy.

3 comments:

Lex said...

Goddamn Canucks. If Crawford runs off to Paris again I'm gonna throw him in the Seine.

Duncan said...

If he does we take him to Notre Dame and go all medival on his sorry ass. Craw, Craw, Craw!

Dr. Fatty said...

I hate the Crow as much as anyone (do I have to tell why again?), but I'm starting to think he's not the problem.

I'd like to see it like the old days where a team goes with a coach with a winning style and if the players don't fit into it they're gone. As much as I hate him, Crow's got wins. I think there needs to be an offensive overhaul of this team. Keep Naslund, the Sedins and Carter, ship off the rest of the lot.

And I agree this team has absolutely no fire in them. They really play as if they know they suck and they want to golf.

There's been too much pressure on Bertuzzi because he's obviously not as good as everyone thinks. Same for Morisson. Morisson would be a third liner on most teams under most GMs or coaches.

So, as much as it pains me to say it, I think we should keep the Crow and build around The Crow, Naslund, the Sedins, Carter and Auld.

Nevertheless, Forkhead, if you see the Crow this year throw some feces at him and tell him it's from me and the reason why.

Seacrest out.