Monday, September 18, 2006

Here we are on the 'near eve' of yet another NHL hockey season. The leaves haven't yet fully turned, the golf course is still in whalin shape, and heavy coats aren't as of yet, neccessary. The Canucks have changed drastically of course, and I find myself wondering about this obsession of ours, this game played on ice. With brutal efficiency, speed, strength and courage. These adjectives are going to HAVE to apply to this years version of the Vancouver Canucks, to dust away the cobwebs of last years nighmare. The tenacity of Calgary, the grit of Edmonton, the leadership of the Wings. These are characteristics that this club's gonna have to embody this year to take us where we've never been. I know loads of you are naysayers, but I like the look of this club. Drop the puck already, and let's get this party started!

3 comments:

Dr. Fatty said...

You are a SUCKA! I'm a Vancouver fan. But, I'm a realist. This team has no hope in hell of doing anything. They have one decent goal-scorer.

Luongo won't "win" us too many more games than we won last year.

The 'nucks don't have a chance against Calgary. Luckily Edmonton is even worse now than the Canucks.

Strap yourself in. It's going to be a long, long season. It will drag on as long as if they were in MLB and lost their first 25 games.

I have to admit, I'm very much looking forward to see them fail and start hearing all the complainers and what they have to say on TEAM 1040.

Anonymous said...

Got to agree with Therzo....I think the Nuckleheads are going to have a tough season and all I can hope is that the fans don't wake up and realize what a disaster they have before I make a few bucks betting against them!

Lex said...

I'm optimistic if for no other reason than that they cannot do worse than last year.