Wednesday, September 20, 2006


Watching the lovely Miss Jennifer Connely in the beautiful 'Dark Water' (had one jump that was almost Shining like) I got to thinking about what makes a great film, what is a great film. What for example, is Top Ten. This film isn't, but here's a list of mine in no particular order. Be interested in receiving yours...

Amelie

V for Vendetta

Lord of the the Rings Trilogy


Raiders of the Lost Ark

Shawshank Redemption


Lawrence of Arabia

From Russia With Love (or any non Moore Bond film), c'mon - James has gotta be on the list. Also adore the jasn Bourne films.

Pulp or The Dogs; gotta say Pulp

Ronin (an unseen masterpiece)

Things to do in Denver When You're Dead (see above)


Could go on and on, the first five are near and dear to me, the following five came to mind quickly. If you haven't seen V yet, log off and do so - wonderful Orwelian flick with Matrix like effects. Anyways, let's get blogging and enjoy, can't wait for the comments. And to sign off, predict Patches says Citizen Kane. Must admit I own a copy and long for my old sled....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will think on this for a while (not sure that I can come up with 10) but I'm better off the Therzo who I'm predicting will be left with nothing after listing the magnificent ouevre of M. Night (and I'm predicting he selects Unbearable (sic) as his number one)!

Dr. Fatty said...

Can't say any of M Night's would make my top 10. As for Jeunet I'd take City of Lost Children over Amelie any day.

LoTR for sure; the greatest masterpiece of all time. Should have been twice as long.

Pulp or Dogs and you take Pulp? What are you, on the crack? Reservoir Dogs is one of the best worldwide films ever. Hands Down, ni**a.

Sorely missing from the list is Harold & Kumar go to White Castle.

Anonymous said...

I really have problems with these kinds of lists. Was swimming this morning and trying to come up with my all-time favourites (and found this to be an impossible task).

Instead, here's a list of movies related to water that I could sit through again (in no particular order):

*The Hunt For Red October
*Crimson Tide
*das Boot
*Thunderball

One I couldn't stand, even if you paid me:

*Lady In The Water

joz said...

Meet Me in St. Louis
Naked
Life on a String
LoTR
Crash (Cronenburg)
Until the End of the World
In the Mood For Love
Chungking Express
La Jetee
Breathless
Sexy Beast
Donnie Darko
Princess Bride

Dr. Fatty said...

I almost forgot. M Nigt's Lady in the Water is tops. Only I wish we could have seen Opie's daughter get naked.

Dr. Fatty said...

Okay, it's tough to come up with just 10 really good films.

But here's mine (thinking quickly at work) and the final four (I go over 10) are questionable. I'll need more time. Also, they're in no particular order.

The City of Lost Children
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Pootie Tang
Winged Migration
Lord of the Rings
Reservoir Dogs
Requiem for a Dream
Dazed & Confused
The Dark Crystal
Smoke
Before Night Falls
Rear Window

Lex said...

Lets see...

Bladerunner
The Princess Bride
Fight Club
The Shining
LOTR
Amelie
Pulp Fiction
Donnie Darko
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Purple Rain

for today