Tuesday, September 12, 2006


Hmm, love to blog again, and oh what a story this one is. Got off work this morning and headed down to Kelowna straight from work so as to see my lovely Niece whose BD I missed to the evil countours of our work schedules. I'd booked a room here at the not so stunning Royal Ann Hotel in Kelowna for a couple of nights, and settled in later than I'd expected (communication on how early I could check in was miscommunicated between the reservation person, myself and the dude who checked me in. He was cool by the way) only to have a lovely ear plugged sleep in the afternoon. Leah and I had a great night with coffee, steak dinner, a great wander along the lake, and the sharing of some great conversation. Followed by a lesson in malts, some more wandering til I returned to the establishment with whom I placed my trust and belongings. From here refeered to as the Dump. Thinking I was gonna spend some time reading beside the boats tommorrow, I began to download some new tunes to the jukebox. Only to have the sound of a keyswipe and the creak of my door off to my left. The door swayed open to reveal a lovely young couple that had just been issued a key to this , my room. After chatting a bit, I begin to really get pissed and grab the phone and chat with some moron named, love this...Woody, who appologies like crazy. Go back to the truly stunned kiddos at the door and tell them I hope they get a room etc., and ask them for their keycard. They need it to get into the Dump's parkade, and I have no worries about them as they do seem like great people, I tell them "No worries, take it." They assure me they're also gonna give the night man some shit, and I wish them well in getting a room in this supposed sold out Dump. Gives me a great chance to call Woody back at the desk, and see what he's blubbering now. Loads more appologies, a tinge of ear in Woody's voice. Assures me he's lookng out for the couple whom he describes as the peole who were just at my door. (Beutiful Asian gal with equally handame young buck) Find out the Dump's manager may or not be in at Eight tommorrow, more likely Ten. Can't wait to talk to him. I feel so shitty, my computer, camera, luggage and clothes etc were all in this room, and the Dump's star night man behind the desk is giving out keys to MY room? Think this guy's gonna get fired tommorrow (unless this is a union shop) cuz I'm gonna rip the Dump's day manager, Glen, a new one. Said twit from behind the counter does have the good sense to call and squirm some more to affirm the fact that the young coupe had turned up with the key; but I stil feel no qualms. Gonna give the manager both barrels tommorow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what's going to happen when you screw them out of a decent room rate. You got to leave the gov't rates to those that deserves them!

Next time stay at the Grand!

Dr. Fatty said...

Fucking hicks from a hick town.

What kind of a loser would even want to live in a small town.

Lex said...

Yeah, likely story.... sounds like you were at Madame Butterfly's and signed up for the wrong package.