Monday, April 02, 2007


Well well. Time for another comma-less post. I'm beginning to enjoy my new found punctuation freedom. I'll start this post by thanking everyone involved in the lovely Fanatatic golf tourney in Penticton. As usual: good times were had by all; the economy of Penticton is better than it was three days ago; and the strength and stabilility as kidneys and livers were once again tested fully! I won't bore you non golfers with the stories of glamerous saves and dialed in putts. Instead I'll bore you with a nature story. I was standing still; zen like almost as I'd just drained my putt and smoked a kicking bowl. That's when it got funny. Watching my partners play out; my attention was overtaken by a woodpecker on an irrigation box right beside me. He (or she) puffed out and preened before calling off to the hills. Imagine my surprise when a ways away comes the reply. Said pecker looks very happy with itself and drills his beak very rapidly into the plastic box then calls away again. And gets another reply! Only closer this time. The went on like this for a few minutes and I just felt kinda blown away as I do everytime I get to interact with critters on golf courses. This wasn't as good as the time a mongoose stole my ball or the time I saw Ravens fucking at Rivershore - but was enjoyable none the less. Hope all Woddy's chitchat led to some fine pecker loving!

3 comments:

Lex said...

Was this the Cecil's golf tourney?

Dr. Fatty said...

I thought HVC didn't like the puffers. Hmmm...

Duncan said...

The Cecil - tourney...an ambition for sure. And HVC only has it in for the chronics who kick ass on every other stage of the gig.