Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Gotta love being a soul who gets to jump queues, sorry bout that folks, but I"m due for surgery again on Thurs. If I can get a Doc to fill out a form outlining my height, weight and BP by tomorrow at noon, I'll be getting sliced and diced again ASAP. It rather bothers me that I'm going in for a privately paid (WorkSafeBC) surgery, while others wait. I'm also bothered by the fact that I'm going to have an external device holding together parts of my skeletal system, and that after this is done - that I'll be sent home. I've been through a lot, but I figured that this might warrant a night or two of observation, but apparently not. I'm thinking of making this a pictorial type blog of the recovery, in an attempt to keep any of you you from putting yourselves in a situation where your leg might almost get blown off! Should have stayed in school or something! Live and learn Kids, you really don't wanna go through this. If you aren't into the risk, I suggest you pull up the blankets and stay at home, because it could happen anywhere, anytime - but you don't want it to. I remind myself that there are many others out there who are having a much tougher time than I. And have you seen the price of scrap steel? I'm gonna clean up when this is all done!

2 comments:

Random Thoughts said...

Good luck on Thursday -- please be gentle on us timid folk with the upcoming photos.....

Anonymous said...

I've been advised to tell you to write down everything the surgeon says after the surgery. Appearantly one tends to forget with the meds and all. It will all be well, this I know. I just hope it's smooth sailing for you from here on in....