Monday, March 24, 2008

Time for a couple of Film reviews:



In Keeping with the Doc's tradition of allowing reviews made up of the amount of words in the title: Bow Bow Bow.

This film started OK, and I must admit I'm really a fan of Casey Afflek. He's head and shoulders above his disgraceful brother Ben. I mean, really, can he ever be forgiven for 'Reindeer Games?' Ron and I experienced one of the funniest evenings of my life watching that shit. That said, he's better behind the camera than in front of it, and this film had it's moments before getting preachy. Take a pass on this one kids.



Liked this one, not exactly going to rave about it, but you do get to see the adorable Ms. Knightly soaking wet and sorta naked looking - so thumbs up! Worth a look, and not just for the pervy parts. The beach scene in France is particularly memorable, and the characters growth (and kept secrets) intertwine nicely.

Canucks by one tomorrow over the Flamers, PPV game - so JFu and family, and Ms. Erin - you're invited to BBQ if ya like; let me know.

And one final note. Can anyone explain why, when I post a UTube clip, it takes days before it shows up here? The last one took three days, and the clip of Patty Roy's kid going nuts is AWOL as well!? Odd.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me, I like the flames almost as much as I like Edmonton, except the flames have Jerome and I'm rather fond of him.

And regarding Atonement - the more I think on it, the more I liked it - I think it might be a watch over for me, there was some stunning character developments that I didn't quite catch but after some thought, they were there. If that makes sense.

Lex said...

After reading Atonement I felt like I was tricked. I think it will be hard to watch the film knowing Bruce Willis is a ghost.