Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Alrighty kids, it's rant time!

I'm housesitting for my Bro at the moment. I haven't been enjoying it much - watering a yard on crutches sucks. Especially when someone else is being paid to do it, but seem to only do it sporadically. K, so I arrive at said house this morning (after the glory that is AC and my own bed) to return my sibling's dog and survey the property for damage after last nights storm. I've brought fresh groceries and flowers to welcome them home. All is well, apart from the fact the housekeeper (also waterer) isn't doing any of the the things that my Bro's wife left listed for her. I sigh, think about how I wouldn't want to return to this dusty, animal hair covered mess and set about cleaning it as good as I can on a set of crutches. I get to the kitchen, and notice an odour. I've noticed it over the past few days, and have completely rinsed, bleached, sanitized, and sprinkled holy water on the garbage can. Alas, I sigh again and go at it. I take it outside, connect with contacts in Iran and nuke it. It still stinks when I take it home to the kitchen. Now I'm sighing so heavily it moves curtains. Down on my knees, I investigate further. Ah - there it is, seems my brother forgot to mention the mouse traps. Little bugger apparently got into a corner while in the throws of death - judging by the blood, he moved a ways! Should mention that it's been 40ish here the past few days, and one can assume (trust me!) that dead mice and blood tend to reek in such heat. I've left an altogether snotty message with my Bro for not informing me of these potential reek traps which has to date gone unanswered. Not impressed, but I need to go - the clothes peg on my nose is getting tight.

4 comments:

Erin said...

oh man sweetie! I did notice an odd smell in the kitchen, but thought it was perhaps lingering cat box odours. And we ate in there....ewwwww.

I have no words to express my sympathy. That is just putridly gross.

Anonymous said...

Following the old adage "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" all I can say is Rat On A Stick for dinner tonight.

Anonymous said...

oh typical Ian... although we love him it seems he forget more than he remembers lol....

What a sickly discovery.....
At least you didn't get humped by the cat. Be thankful for that.

Love Leah

Duncan said...

I'm rereading my blog out of boredom, and want to praise myself for this effort. It's brilliant. Gotta go, my back needs patting.