Tuesday, July 29, 2008



Wow - rather brilliant stuff this. Del Toro is some kinda spooky good at making films that captivate and leave you admiring their beauty, yet scare the shit out of you seconds later. Pan's Labyrinth was one of the coolest films I've ever seen and The Orphanage is another solid, solid film. Can't wait to see his take on the Hobbit. Rent this one folks, in lieu of thanks - send cash for Spanish lessons so I can bypass the subtitles...

Oh - and a Sundin update. I'm sure you're all awaiting my wise words. He'll sign somewhere. Sometime. Or he won't. But he might. Or he might host Swedish FearFactor. Or race for Volvo. I just dunno....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not really into the who subtitles thing but if I feel compelled thanks for the recommendation.

Don't be wasting your money on
Spanish lessons -- I'm thinking that you might want to be learning some Swedish so you can curse at Sundin if (and that's a big if) he signs on with your beloved Nucks.

joz said...

Del Toro didn't direct this film, just produced it.

For a really great Del Toro film check out The Devils Backbone.

Duncan said...

My bad - apart from the poorly chosen Sundin dates, I report the truth here. I feel shame.

Erin said...

Loved this movie. Thats all I have to say.

Duncan said...

Anyone know how to say 'Fuck You Baldy' in Swedish? I want an answer and am too lazy to figure it out.