Saturday, July 26, 2008

A word or two of advice:

If you're heading to the video store this weekend, feel free to rent this:



DO NOT rent this:


Someone, somewhere must have pictures of both Tim Roth and Naomi Watts doing some incredibly naughty things to have roped them into such a pile of shit film as this. No redeeming qualities here whatsoever. And Brad Pitt's younger brother should just forget about this whole acting gig and instead act as Brad and Angelina's adoption liaison or something. A true pile of shit.

4 comments:

Erin said...

If you accidentally ignore Duncan's advice and rent the second one....the only help I can give you (God save you) is to suggest you turn the sound off. It's marginally better with no sound. Especially if you then make up your own dialoge.

Dr. Fatty said...

Just watched Eastern Promises and can't believe anything with Naomi Watts in it is not good. I'd ask her ice skating in a second.

Duncan said...

She was in panties and a bra in this movie, but my interest was elsewhere at that point. Seriously, take my advice - she had to have been blackmailed into this.

joz said...

It's too bad you didn't like it. I haven't seen it yet so I won't comment on that movie, but Michael Haneke directed on of my favorite films of the last 10 years (which I have told Duncan to rent on several occasions.) CACHE.

FUNNY GAMES is actually a remake of his own film, originally in french. I was never sure if I was going to bother watching this remake, although I thought of seeing the original. I have read that some of the purpose of the film is just to push the audience. Kind of a riff of the Saw style of movies. It's not designed for the popcorn crowd.

Not saying you are that type of audience, but if you watched it back to back with the Bank Job you came at it from the wrong place.