Tuesday, April 01, 2008


Don't Stand So Close to Me

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Bell-bottom Blues

The Thin Red Line (LOL)

Sting and Co., Queen Elton, God Eric, and sweet sweet Glass Tiger - stand aside!

There's a new concert to supersede all. I've seen a few, and they all mean something different to me. I suspected that that the Police would never be surpassed musically to me individually, but they were last night. For years and years, I've heard that Springsteen gigs are truly different. Heart pounding rock and roll. Having been there for the 2 hrs 40 min gig last night proved those stories to be undeniably true. He was, to understate things, the most compelling entertainer I've had the privilege of seeing. The way he and the E Street band captivated myself and the legions of fans was a sight to behold. The sound was the best I've heard in GM Place, and apart from a few bits of nonsense regarding seating and access to said seats, this twas an awful lot of fun. I'll see Springsteen anytime I ever get the opportunity again. I'm no concert reviewer, and am far to tired to attempt articulation. I'll only say that this was the most fantastic show I've ever seen, I enjoyed it (as well as the company of my pals) muchly, and highly recommend that if you're give the opportunity - you go! You will not forget it anytime soon. Thanks for getting the tix, and muchos gracious for the accommodations Doc. Appreciated once again, and as usual! Here's a review with some footage. Go pasting and linking kids!

http://www.straight.com/article-139139/bruce-springsteen-rocks-vancouver-with-born-usa-obscure-outtake

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitly amazing....I'm so stoked I got to see it! Almost lives up to 2005's Loverboy concert in Kamloops....almost. HAH!

For 58 the boss is most certainly still bossin'

Dr. Fatty said...

I have to say that this would be the best arena rock show I can remember seeing. Way better than Prince, Radiohead, Bryan Adams or Def Leppard.

The Boss keeps it real. I still say we have to burn that GM Place down because he didn't play Glory Days. Fucking hack.

Anonymous said...

therzo - dude...I told you I had the connections to make that happen, but you took off too fast after the russian keg princess got away. Next time....hah.