Thursday, April 10, 2008



Not quite sure what to make of my latest film viewing. 'The Mist' had a poor start, with some questionable adaptation from novella to script. It was, well - hokey I suppose. Once they got into the supermarket, I really liked it. It ended in different fashion than did the story I'm told, and had an ending that really wasn't very satisfying. There was a 'Reindeer Game' scream at on point, that was absolutely fucking hilarious. I'm unaware of how much King was involved with the production, but I do know that the director was also involved with 'Shawshank' and the 'The Green Mile' - two far superior films. It jumps between horror/suspense and a human morality play, which was an interesting take, and some of the effects in this film are stunning. The best performance was by far Marcia Gay Harden's. She really made you hate her, which is never a bad thing for an actor. She played her role to a tee. I was unusually disappointed with André Braugher, which upset me some. All in all - it's worth watching, but I'm looking forward to tracking down a copy of Skeleton Crew and reading it for real.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't like it. The more I think on it, nope. Didn't like the acting, the lack of depth to the characters and dammit, it just wasn't scary.
The crazy lady was the only saving grace.
The ending was terrible.
Maybe I would have liked it better if I hadn't read the story or didn't know the depth and detail King goes into in his stories? I dunno.