Tuesday, June 10, 2008


Apparently Tiger Can back pedal too:


When Woods was asked today about the comical furor that’s built over his hockey dismissal, he weakly backtracked. You would have thought the greatest golfer in the world was channeling Bill Clinton in his prime.

“Oh yeah, I’ve gotten a lot of grief over that,” Woods said. “I love the sport. I love watching it, but I don’t like watching it on TV. In person, it’s absolutely incredible, what they’re able to do. TV doesn’t do justice to that. But then a lot of sports are the same way.

“… It is what it is. I said what I said and I was trying to be funny about it, but people didn’t perceive it that way.”


'It is what it is?' Ok - now Tiger Woods is quoting Todd Bertuzzi? Odd world this...





3 comments:

Erin said...

You know what? I honestly think this became way too big of a deal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I feel that way about baseball but am sure a ton of people wouldn't agree with me....

I say smile, nod and move on. Tiger can like what he wants.

*smile*

Dr. Fatty said...

Now the above is a big deal.

Who cares about what Tiger said about hockey? I don't even think he cares about it as much as Canadians. The whole brouhaha surrounding it makes Canadians look like damned fools.

But, how dare you, Erin, say that about baseball. Baseball is the greatest game ever invented (I know, it's a combination of several other older sports, but it's the pinnacle of evolution of those other sports). It is the ultimate team sport and is more like chess than any other sport in that it takes 9 innings of strategy to win; you're lucky if you get the home run, which, by the way, is the single most exciting play in all of sports.

First beets and now baseball. And here I thought we could be friends.

Erin said...

ah...I'm sure you'll get over it Ron! Just think of all the lovely arguments we can have!

I'll make ya some pie one day and you'll forget all about my eccentricities.

*snicker*