Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Apparently we've claimed Wellwood off of waivers and he has a broken foot! This better be a two way contract, because he sounds like the Glass Man from 'Amelie.'

I'm a little worried about the Nucks picking up a guy who's as excited about bearing weight on a leg as I am! Welcome to the third/fourth line lad. Here's hoping this acquisition makes the management in TO look as inept as they have in the past.

“I broke my (right) foot four weeks ago and it’s been healing really well and all the (tests) and x-rays have been great and I’m going to be able to walk on it really soon,” Wellwood told the Vancouver media during a conference call from his off-season home in Windsor, Ontario. “And as far as my groin, it’s been feeling a lot better and from the rehab perspective I think that I’m over the hump.”

Next up: Demitra.

2 comments:

Dr. Fatty said...

Yeah, I'm not too sure about this guy. When he's healthy he's supposed to be good, but he's yet another small player. Hopefully he'll work out to be a solid third line centre.

The media is finally picking up on what I said right after the Gillis hiring. Who will want to deal with this guy when he's tried to bilk them for money through players for the last decade? Apparently no one. Why did Umberger not end up back here? Why did Jokkinen end up in Phoenix? These are exactly the type of players Gillis said he wants; bit and aggressive.

I sincerely hope he doesn't sign Hossa to ridiculous money; the guy is a slow-moving flake that had a good playoffs because of the talent around him; there's no talent like that to surround him in Vancouver.

There better be a trade coming up (although Bourdon screwed us there because he couldn't ride a motorbike) because there's not much as far as free agents go. I don't like Demitra either.

Auld would be a good back up signing if he can be guaranteed 20 starts minimum. I still say he's the greatest NHL goalie of all time behind Brodeur.

Lex said...

I think he may have a broken soul.