Saturday, June 28, 2008

UH - this is apparently the Kyle Wellwood dude the Nucks just claimed off of waivers. A few notes about this picture:

His hands (and armpits) are soft: he's covered his crutches in foam. The hands part may be good. Or he's just soft like a little girl.

The table isn't littered with beer cans. Also good.

He looks a little chubby for an NhLer, which brings to mind all the complaints about his conditioning - time will tell.

He chose a BLACK cast to wear for the July sunshine! And you thought hockey players are dumb!? Oh yeah - that is kinda dumb.

Eliza Cuthbert is not canoodling with him in a bikini. He must be the one NHLer she hasn't got her claws int yet. Bless that hockey loving hottie!

2 comments:

Dr. Fatty said...

This picture doesn't bode well for the Canucks.

However, I have faith in this guy. I've hated the Leaves for the past fifteen years or so, but this is always been one guy I think could be a good player. Yes, he's a little small, but I think those soft hands will come in handy. I say this could be a good sleeper pick up.

Also, I think we should get Bertuzzi back here now. If we can get him on a line with Hossa (who I really hope Gillis won't go for, but think he will) or Demitra and Wellwood (or even the Sedins) I think there could be magic. Then again, maybe it's time to look strictly forward and forget about all things past here.

Duncan said...

Bert has scored a total of 17 NHL goals since leaving Vancouver. He played with some good players in LaLa land, as well as the few games he managed in Det. He's broken goods - if Russia will have him, great.

Agree about Wellwood though, I have a good feeling.