Friday, November 02, 2007



Good morning and welcome to the Friday Freak-Out:

A little bit about last evening: My lovely lady, Jfu, myself and another couple decided on a night out for a few beverages at a restaurant in town that's owned by a group of NHL players. The draft beer tasted like salt, and was quickly abandoned for bottled brew. The server seemed uninterested when I suggested he sample the draft. (Two varieties were off,so there was obviously a problem with the lines.) He also left us dry far to often, but larger problems loomed. After said couple left, the three of us headed up to the lounge to catch the rest of the Nucks PPV game. Uh no - the bartender proceeds to tell us that the PPV costs 'like 3000 bucks, so we don't have it.' I am shocked and say something like 'But this place is owned by a bunch of hockey players!' We leave, find the game on across the road and watch the fallout. A blurb follows re. the chophouse that will likely NEVER see another cent of my hard earned cash:

Players Chophouse
Catch a game, join friends for a drink or enjoy a meal at Players Chophouse. The extensive menu includes fine chops and steaks, pizzas, pasta and more. The lounge features leather sofas and a fireplace while the rooftop patio is ideal for catching some rays.


'Catch a game' - uh, no.

Ok now onto the game: Team 1040 is reporting:

Sami Salo has a broken orbital bone, per Team 1040.

Kevin Bieksa has a 60% severed achilles tendon, per Team 1040.

Good luck to Sami and Kevin, as they appear to have a long road ahead of them recovery wise. As for Luongo getting booed by the faithful at GM Place; I've just seen the replays and I think I may have booed as well. All that said, the Canucks may be in fine pecking order in '08's draft.


This is simply put - fucking awful. I'm not going to whine or rant; the pain is still too fresh.

On other notes:

My 'hellish hole' improved by leaps and bounds since Wed. The hole is now merely a slit, and if all progresses well - this VAC treatment will be done next week.

I had a conversation yesterday with my WCB pion (contact - really, I didn't mean to call him something mean!) regarding what I'm being paid. After reading him some well researched data (thanks to my sexy lawyering lady) I arrived home this morning to a call stating that he was in fact, fucked in the head, and that we were, in fact, correct. Thus I'm now maxed out and will be getting a retroactive raise of $45 per week. Every bit helps right?

Over and out - enjoy yer weekend peeps.

3 comments:

Random Thoughts said...

Saw some of the game at the Well -- I guess they can afford the PPV fees with what they charge!!

Anyhow, lost $10 to Therzo -- thought maybe the Canucks were due for a home win but apparently NOT!

Regardless, the loss of $10 was more than compensated for by the loud bang of all the fickle Canuck fans jumping off the bandwagon and booing Luongo!

Fucking fantastic!

Dr. Fatty said...

The worst part about this for Canucks fans is that this will now be an excuse for a shitty season. When, in fact, it's the lack of talent that was leading to the crappy season.

And the early reports were all wrong I think. Salo did not break the orbital bone, it's a severly broken nose that may need a plate. And I think Bieksa tore his calf muscle quite bad and will be out a long time.

Go Isles! Go Flames!

Lex said...

Damn, I'll join the parade.

Go Habs!