Thursday, November 08, 2007

Oh my, Oh my...

Vid of the streaker from the Whitecaps vs Galaxy friendly match that brought Mr Beckam to Vancouver. Tell me, why is it that security guards are such weak tacklers? I'll admit it's probably not everyones cup of tea to tackle a naked stranger in the middle of the pitch, it just always seems to be a weak attempt! Thoughts? Love how the player teed up the ball and almost nailed him with it though...

On another note, Matt Cooke continues to be an embarrassment to my beloved Canucks. Once again, he throws a questionable hit and leaves Ohlund (yes Ohlie!) to mop up his mess. And now get this - Ohlund goes with UPPERCUTS to battle Dion Phaneuf. Gotta love that Ohlie. I've said this before, but I'll play the broken record card: Matt Cooke is a marginal player, rarely hits the net, and never backs up his bullshit antics on the ice. He's a shit disturber and not a particularly talented one. I'd love to see the prick gone - there's gotta be a reason he was voted "the most hated player in the NHL' a few years back.

1 comment:

Dr. Fatty said...

I loved that there was a streaker at that game. He's got a story for life. Good on him.

As for Cooke, I don't know why anyone EVER was a fan of this bum. Exactly like you said, he never backs his shit up; unless he's got a a Brookbank or May or Brashear on the ice to do the real backing up. He's never been good and got lucky with a handful of goals about six years ago.

Unfortunately, he's the type of player that Canadians have been told to like by idiots like Don Cherry. Why the hell else would anyone have ever been a fan of the likes of Tucker, Marchment or Stevens. Yes, Stevens had a bit of talent, but above all else he was a cheap shot artist. Just because the hit's there doesn't mean you have to take it if it's going to seriously injur someone.

I hope all the players I listed die untimely deaths in the near future. Tucker mainly because I think he may have got with the gorgeous Amy Tipler and I'm just jealous. Or was that Passmore? Probably only two of many. Just kidding, in case you ever read this Amy. I love you.