Thursday, November 29, 2007



Roberto Luongo (aka God, Him, His Holiness) can capture a new Canuck record tonight. He could pass Ken (Spider) Lockett - the backup goalie to Gary Smith in that rare divisional championship season in '74-'75 who posted two consecutive shutouts and a string of 184:20 to seemingly cement his spot in the gallery of Canucks heroes.

I suspect that he'll get it done. In other goaltender news, he won't have to face the fantastic Pascal Leclaire tonight as he's still down with an injury. But catch this quote re. the BlueJacket's latest practice:

OLD-TIME HOCKEY: With Leclaire unable to practise and Popperle not yet in Vancouver, it was up to Blue Jackets goalie coach Clint Malarchuk to put on Leclaire's pads and serve as the second goalie in practice. "First time in 12 years I've put the gear on," said the 45-year-old Malarchuk, who was looking a little flushed as he walked into the dressing room. "I feel great now, but talk to me tomorrow. "I've actually played in two alumni games where I went in for a period. But I mean that's just a bunch of old farts getting together. This is work." Leclaire had a concern, but it wasn't about Malarchuk's well-being.

"You didn't piss in my gear, did you?" Leclaire asked.

Canucks by 2.

4 comments:

Dr. Fatty said...

If Luongo's your god, and Jaime is your goddess, where does that leave you in that picture?

Despite them (Columbus) not having decent goaltending tonight I'll say the Canucks by one. And I think Luongo's streak ends early in the first. Why couldn't that fucker do this before I traded him for Kiprusoff in the Fbook pool?

Lex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lex said...

Move over Luongo, theres a new tender in town. Straight outta Surrey with and unorthodox (some would say nauseating) style.

http://tinyurl.com/37cfgg

Dr. Fatty said...

Sweet! Quatchi! That's who I'm most like according to the 2010 site. Can't wait to get to the Bay and get my stuffed Quatchi.