Friday, May 02, 2008

Apparently I'm reading alot:

I enjoyed this one, courtesy of JFu. It follows a young gal receiving her Sushi training at a California school. A fun, easy ready - that tells the trainees stories and also mixes in a ton of useful info regarding sushi history and the biology of all those yummy goodies at the sushi bar.
A novel from the writer who brought us the very witty Juno. Her style is fun and refreshing, you can see where the wonderful dialog that made up Juno came from - I hope she continues with novels as well, as this book has me wanting more from this author.
I'm pretty sure you've all read this. If you haven't - you ought. I'm off to pick up another of his titles this afternoon. Not since 'Not Wanted on the Voyage' have I enjoyed a book involving the sea so much. I have that feeling I always get after finishing such a wonderful book; kinda ripped off, and mildly peeved that the journey is over.

3 comments:

Dr. Fatty said...

I loved this book. I was so pissed off at the end, which was a good thing, because it leaves it up to us to decide what really happened, and didn't happen.

Dr. Fatty said...

The above comment is regarding Life of Pi.

The others don't seem too interesting. If I can come up with better ideas for stories I don't think it will be worth reading.

joz said...

the other two are non-fiction...you are not interested in a book about strippers????