Thursday, May 08, 2008

I meant to post this earlier, after watching the goal tending duo that gave us a show unlike plenty of others. The Stars/Sharks went to a fourth OT in a game that beautifully displayed a goal tending brawl unlike any seen since my days in 100 Mile circa 1986. Seriously, I often faced 100 shots in 60 min! And if I let in ten I got bawled out. Don't believe me? Ask Ben - he's comp. friendly now (blf@yahoo.com), send him an email and get the education rolling. Back to hockey, LOL! Regardless, Turco/Nabakov was a display worthy of the ages, and I find myself (strangely enough) actually giving a shit about the sport this year. That's undoubtedly due to the fact I'm bored senseless! Once the Nucks are out, I generally don't give a rats' ass til the finals; yet this year is strangely different. And not different due to the quality of hockey, rather due to the outrageously boring quality of my spare time. I'd so rather forget the way my beloved Nucks have let me down (as has been the case WAY to often) and buckle down to the range and the course. This is the time of year I forget sticks and ice, and instead focus on yardage and icy beer! Not to be for a while, so therefore...alas, here's hoping Bobby Lou makes that save next year on the way to....something.

No comments: